I tried to make violet by mixing golden ultramarine + quina-magenta and turquois + quina-magenta. The combination with ultramarine definitely created warmer violet and the other combination made much colder violet. Since there is no violet-extra in color aid, I also tried to make blue violet as well with the 2 same blues. And the result was similar to the previous attempt to make violet. And it turned out that violet has even more tint steps than blue green!
Instead of water, I used retarder to loosen and lighten pigments. It was actually pretty helpful to make notes about how much pigments and medium that I mixed to come up with perfectly matching colors. When I started to paint tint steps, I could mix violet hue right away according to the note I wrote from the earlier experiments of mixing hues.